Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Command Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namsu55

Technical User
Aug 14, 2006
GB
Hi, all the time, when say for example I compile some code, (visual studio), netbeans and other programs are maybe installing, cmd window always full screens itself, how do i reset it to be ordinary and not full screen, thankyou.

Try right-clicking on the blank space of the Windows Title Bar, select Properties, and then have a look at the options available under the Layout tab.

Alt+Enter?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Hi, thanks for the replies but they were not the type of answers i was looking for, because even I change the size properties on window it always becomes full screen on all other applications who use cmd, how do I reset all the cmd's to stop doing this and display a normal sized window.

Have a look at both the Command.com and Cmd.exe windows when launched from the Start Run box. In both instances have a look at the right-click "Default" and "Properties" options for reaching the "Layout" property page. Are the any differences in either of those 4 settings as to how the DOS windows display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back