Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with CCR Tree & Outbound Transfer on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbdudley

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
US
Hi Boys and Girls,

Here's a really odd one for you all to ponder. This is a recently-installed MICS 5.0 (0X32) with Fiber NAM V4.0.04C. The CO connection is PRI/DID. I have set up a CCR tree with a single level menu. One of the CCR options is to do an outbound transfer to a branch office. Per the instructions that came with the NAM, I am using a dummy line (10) in the CCR setup. The number is programmed as 9+pause+1+number (it is a long distance call).

This setup works erratically, maybe 50% of the time. Otherwise, after a short delay, I get a voice message from the NAM saying "The person you have called is not available", then you are returned to the menu. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the failures when they occur. Dialing the same branch office number directly from a phone in the system works 100% of the time.

I have tried it with and without a pause after the 9, and with a dummy line pool (13) instead of line 10.

I am also experiencing random problems with system failing to generate notifications when messages are left in a voice mailbox, which I suspect is related to the above problem. Sometimes the notifications never arrive at all, other times they arrive hours after the voice mail is left even though the notification hours are set for 12:00AM - 11:59 PM.

Has anyone else run into similar problems and found a solution? Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Carter

I would suggest you would need to upgrade to 4.04e ( I think you knew that from your post on the 27th. ) unfortunatlly it is not a patch but a full blown version. there is a flopy boot disk and a cd. The (rough) procedure: powerdown nam, connect backpack cd drive to parallel port, insert flopy boot disk in flopy drive & cd in cd drive, powerup nam, let run for approx 15 min, once complete there should be assending tones to indicate upgrade was sucessful. if after 3-5 min ( from start of upgrade ) you get decending tones your upgrade has failed and you more than likley need a keycode. you would need to get in contact with itas ( or your tech support ) to get a copy of 4.04e or call in someone that has all the gear. best of luck

Do you know how much the upgrade costs? Also, is there a document available describing the bug fixes and new features in this release? Thanks.

The upgrade technically dosn't cost anything. I believe it is free to the authorized norstar dealer. However where there may be a cost is in time ( 1 hour labor ) , There may have to be a keycode purchased from nortel to perform this upgrade - You shouldn't need one as your nam is at 4.04c but I have run into nam's that don't have the keycode installed. ( If you get a good company they should be able to get that for nothing ) And finally there may be the markup on the " free " software which unfortunatlly could be anything. ( they need to pay me somehow...[pirate] even if I disagree with it ) I looked to see if there was something describing the fixes and I couldn't find anything. Maybe someone else could jump in here....

I have ordered the 4.0.04E upgrade CD. Does the installation of this update require the NAM to be reinitialized? Thanks.

No, you will not lose any programming. Errm, you do have a Backpack cd rom drive don't you? What I am saying is you need this specific drive as the nam only has drivers that recognize the backpack and not brand X. Best of luck [smile]

I just found out today there is a 4.04I software. it is still in beta trials and is intended for the 6.0 mics. if you havn't already upgraded and you can hang on for a while..... I would think this is not the last version to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back