Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with calls on PRI ,"system freaks up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPE

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
Hi, every one
this is new for me, I got an MICS 5.0 w/ PRI one card and every thing is normal, except for calls are coming at same time on the pri circuit, I mean more that 23 calls at the same time the system goes weird, all phone rings, the display flash, etc and no calls can be answered at that time, after the traffic slow down the system is back on normal. and the smdr does not report the calls at all only the time and date of it, any idea?
Thanks

Very odd, possible bad software. How is your PRI setup. Example DID lines with target lines set to the ext.

Are you showing any errors and had your local provider provided you with any information?

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

Fisher CCNA, Network+
[americanflag]

I have run into similar problems in the past, if the voltage on the system at peak times falls below 117V the norstar system will dork out, Make sure it is a dedicated Power source. You may

I have been trying to use the Feature 4 9,*number* for a help desk CCR tree our internal folks call but it keeps giving me Invalid Number when I dial the 9 for the outside line. Is there a deeper programing setting I need to change to allow outside forwarding? My system version number is 30meF02. Thanks

Bower

Wow, somehow I posted that on the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

I have seen this a few times on PRI with Cisco access servers. It always ends up pointing to provisioning by Telco. Specifically there is something funky with the D channel. I never got a clear answer as to what was happening. Telco never fessed up but the problem was cleared when they "tested" the line and found no problem.

commsguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back