Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Call Forwarding (2000 IVS2) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrpao123

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2005
CA

We have a 2000 IVS2.

Used to be able to enter the destination for various call forwarding options on the older version of MATWorX which came with the system installed 3.5 years ago. Our MATWorX has been upgraded to version 8.0.0 recently and I can't find this feature any more.

My problem is that some users hit some keys on their 16D Dterm E and I don't know how to reset the call forwarding back to the following:

Call Forward - No Answer --> VM (in our case "400")
Call Forward - Busy --> 2nd Line (1XXX , XXX = ext #)
Call Forward - Busy/No Answer --> VM

I used SPKR, *6, 1XXX, SPKR but then when the user is away from his/her desk, it will ring 4 times and then switch to the 2nd line and just keep ringing, don't go into VM.

Checked with my vendor but they don't have a solution. With that said, appreciate your help to guide me through either using CAT or MATWorX to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance!!

This is how we do it at my office.

Use the E6 Command in MOC Terminal on MatWorx.

BUSY E601>EXT>2ND LINE
NO ANSWER E602>EXT>400
BUSY NO ANSWER E603>EXT>2ND LINE

E601>VIRT>400
E602>VIRT>400
E603>VIRT>400

We use a range of extensions programmed into the system and then run a script which we import into MatWorx.

Hope this helps. Works like a charm here.

if that doesn't work go into cm200 and find the access code.
Also when you put into C/F make sure you are pressing the correct line.
spkr, ext , *6 , virtual
spkr, virtual , *6 , 400

hope any of this helps a little.

Do you really ever have to change the busy and no answer forwarding???
I find that most people don't. Once set it should be Prime busy to the virtual and Prime no answer to VM while the virtual is busy no answer to VM. The only forwarding anyone should have to really mess with is the All Call forwarding. For this a feature key on the set should be used.
So with that said I ALWAYS HIGHLY recomend getting rid of the access codes in the default numbering plan. This way you do not have to deal with the fat finger dialing that no ever admits to.
I have worked on this product on three different continents ever since it was first released and I have NEVER seen it lose or change forwarding automatically.
The codes you should get rid of are
*6 - A012 (Call forward busy/no answer set)
#6 - A013 (Call forward busy/no answer cancel)
*7 - A018 (Call forward Destination set)
#7 - A019 (Call forward Destination cancel)
*8 - A022 (Do not disturb set)
#8 - A023 (Do not disturb cancel)
66 - A039 (Back Ground Music set)
68 - A043 (Night mode set/cancel)
Of course if you are using any of these codes well and good leave them alone but if you are not people will dial them accidently and wonder why strange things are happening at there station. Remember you are not removing the feature just the default access codes.
As for forwarding use the MOC screen or CAT. MATWorx32 does not have a GUI add-in for forwarding. The NEC end user product for key changes/forwarding and such is called "Dterm Assistant" (HTML browser based). Matworx is designed mainly as a technician tool.
E600>Station>Destination (Call forward all)
E601>Station>Destination (Call forward busy)
E602>Station>Destination (Call forward no answer)
E604>Station>Destination (Split call forward all)
E605>Station>Destination (Split call forward busy/noans)
E606>Station>Destination (Call forward logout IP Dterm)
E607>Station>Seconds (Call forward timer trunk calls on a station basis. IPS R8 and higher)
E608>Station>Seconds (Call forward timer station calls on a station basis)

bgunthorpe & loff66, thanks for your help! Problem solved!!

pave35, you raised a very good point. I agreed that these kind of access codes should be restricted so that users will not accidentally pressed the wrong keys which in my case this is how my problem started. Can you let me know how to apply this restriction?

Thanks in advance.

hrpao123

I answered you elsewhere as R4+Z the question here is how comfortable are you with MOC mode. The thing is people quote the codes they believe are the default setting and that is not always the case. Got caught out that way only today. The problem is you can't restrict access to the codes, you can only restrict access to the feature. So to stop use of the code you have to delete it. First you have to be sure you are deleting the right thing. I can talk you through it but are you sure that this is the way to go?

Well, OzzieGeorge, I am not that comfortable with MOC mode or MATWorkX. I only use the MATWorX to do some simple stuff such as swapping two extensions, assign station name, etc. If there is no way to restrict access to the codes, I will just leave them as I don't feel comfortable to start deleting codes from the system.

As you can see I quoted the NEC default codes in my post. These are set upon an inital C load. Yes, as OzzieGeorge pointed out, these codes may not be the same in your system which is why I also posted what the code would be assigned as if it were still at the NEC Default.
First find out if anyone is actually using these codes.
Then open a MOC window (In MATWorx select Function and then MOC)
Press F9 a couple of times and you should see COMMAND= returned. Enter in 200 then press F8. Then enter code to be removed followed by F8. Write down what you see and confirm that this is the one you wish to delete. Then press CCC followed by F2.
Pressing F3 will take you back to 200> ready to enter the next codes.
If someone wants to code put back simply enter it back. So you just go to 200 then F8, enter the access code to be re-assigned then F8 follwed by the access data previously removed and then F2.
Hope this helps

Pave

You guys do things a little differently to us. I have only ever seen 1 C load done. We have different standard settings (dial 0 for an outside line and 9 for the operator to name but 2) which are just commonly agreed on ones. But then someone flies in from our eastern states does an install and flies out and we have a non standard site to contend with so this is more common for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back