Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Book1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hello,

I am running W10 with Office12 -(Excel 2007). When I open Excel, Book1 opens like it should, however, instead of filling the window it only occupies the upper 1/3. I must have done something wrong to cause this to happen. I would like to get Book1 to open and fill the page like it used to. I tried to save Book1 as Book.xlt and place it in the XLSTART folder but that didn't work.

I was thinking that I need to find where the real Book1 is stored and save a new copy there but I have not been able to find it.

I appreciate any help and advice you can give me.

Thanks in advance!

Try to maximize workbook window(s), close excel and reopen excel and the workbook. As far as I remember, excel 2007 is a multiple document application, it keeps document window state according to recent document state or current status if any document is open.

combo

I don't know if this will help, but I've just done a quick test with Excel 2007. It appears that it remembers the state of the outer window, but not that of the individual document. In other words, if you open Excel, maximise it, close it, then open it again, it will open maximised. Similarly, if you un-maximise it, it will open un-maximised (with the same window size and position) next time.

However, if you maximise the outer window but not the actual document (the worksheet), then it appears that both the outer window and worksheet will be maximised the next time.

I can't guarantee these results are consistent, as I've only done a quick test. But, if they are - and assuming you are launching Excel from a shortcut - all you have to do is to go into the shortcut's properties and set the Run parameter to Maximised.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Hi,

Thanks for these ideas. I will give them a try and see if I have success.

Hi,

Checking back. It worked but only after a reboot. Thank you so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back