Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with audit file after Great Plains DOS move

Status
Not open for further replies.

kettlekat

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2007
US
Hello,
I’ve recently moved a DOS based Great Plains system (not sure on version, but it still has the Great Plains name with a date of 1999) from Novell 4.1 server with two 98se workstations to Windows 2003 Domain with two XP SP2 workstations. I was successful in setting up and accessing the software and all its related data from the workstations and server but I have one problem I can’t seem to resolve. After logging in, at the bottom of the screen, I get an “Error Adding to Audit File” message. I can still add, delete, and manipulate the data inside Great Plains but the audit error pops up throughout different parts of the program. I’m not exactly sure what the audit file does, but from the behavior of the error it looks like the file is acting as a security log that tracks system changes by the user. File permissions all look good and changes to data are saved and reflected on the other workstation so I’m confused. Has anyone else run into this problem before? If not, does anyone know where I can find support for this EOL software?

Please let me know if you need some more info and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks in Advance,

KettleKat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back