Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with attachments and Word XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachjch

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
US
When I use word XP I do not have send to mail recipient (as attachment) as a choice. Why not and is there something I can do to fix this?
thank you for your help.
John

John,

What's your default e-mail client?

--Paul

My default email client is outlook express.

hope this helps
john

I don't know if this will help but there is a setting on OEE 6 for blocking attachments, which may be interfering with Word's feature to send as attachment. The OE setting is in Tools, Options, Security and is a tick against Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially contain a virus. Try it after removing this tick (provided that you have good up to date anti virus protection).

That wasn't checked. And I am really at a loss here I would appreciate any help. Thank you,
John

I did get to the point where now I have a greyed out mail recipient (as attachment) but I still cannot access it!
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back