Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with ATI AIW 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner66

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
CA
Running XP Pro
AMD Mobile XP 2500
Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0
AIW 9600 Pro

I'm trying to enable tv out. I have everything connected properly and all drivers and software installed correctly. I have checked, rechecked and checked everything all over again. Everything is configured correctly.

It's a newer TV, not an old TV.
I'm going directly into the TV with a composite (coax) cable. I'm not using an svideo cable as I don't have one long enough just yet, although I plan on buying one very soon.

So I enable TV out in the display properties and if need be, force detecting of my tv, but no go.

It won't show anything on the tv.

Any advice?

Are you selecting the AV channel on the TV? Most modern TV's have a few different AV channels for different applications. You may need to switch between them to find the correct one.

Have you connected the sound card up to the rca inputs on the TV? Play a video file nice and loud through your player and flick through the AV input channels. Even if there's a problem with the video you'll hear when you get the correct channel. Then it's just a case of sorting the video.

Have you tried using a composite to scart adaptor and going in via the scart socket?

Have you set up the TV as a second monitor rather than Cloned? If you're trying to watch a film thru Winamp or WMP you won't see anything as the card doesn't support overlay on secondary monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back