Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with ACD Call Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcomp11

Technical User
Oct 5, 2003
CA
I've got a BCM 400 running v3.7 and we're having problems with call distribution. We have only one skillset, and it's set to the Least Busy method. What is happening is while there are agents who are sitting there idle for 4 ot 5 minutes, when a call comes in, it seems to go to one agent in particular who has only been available for less than one minute. Shouldn't the agent who is idle for 4 or 5 minutes receive the call? The only difference between these two agents is the 4-5 minute idle one had been logged in since the beginning of the day, while the second one who gets all the calls had only been logged in for about an hour. Any thoughts?

I would use a Cell phone to call the Queue and watch the agents to see if the are getting the calls andd dumping them back into the system.

Check to see if priority is the same on both agents.

acewarlock, we did that and the other agent is not receiving the call at all.

naurry, the agent who was free 4-5 minutes has a higher priority (10) than the one who was getting the call (15). I also thought that the system ignored priorities in Least Busy mode and followed them in Preferred mode, but perhaps I'm wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back