Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with accounts imported into Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

remy74

MIS
Jan 4, 2002
US
This is my Situation. I have a domain running in Windows 2K native mode. The domain was upgraded from a NT 4.0 domain that contained accounts for all of our administrative staff and faculty. Later student accounts were imported to Active Directory from a separate exchange server. I am having these problems with the imported accounts:

-Passwords cannot be changed through exchange 2000 OWA.
-Account policies are not being applied to these accounts, particularly the account lockout/unlock time out.

The original domain accounts are working fine. Imported accounts are in their own OU. Otherwise, I can’t find any difference between these accounts. Help, I don’t know what to do now.

Jeremy

OWA won't let you change password unless you're using SSL encryption. Could it be that simple?

If your student Exchange was v5.5, you may have lost something in the migration to the native mode domain. (How did you migrate them?) To test this theory, create a test student account manually in the student OU and see if the same problems exist. If they persist, you know that it was not the import process, and you should start looking at GPO more carefully.

Thanks for everything. Inexpicably it is all working now. For the past two months it hasn't been working, but now it all works fine. Haven't directly changed anything network related of yet, so I have no explaination.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back