Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with accessing internet on win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faheem786

Programmer
Sep 5, 2001
HK
Dear Experts,

I'm having this problem for the past few days.

When I was accessing the internet unknowingly some program installed on my win2k (running IE 5.0 SP4) machine

Now whenever I click some links I have been taken to one bad website where a save dialg always coming prompting me to save an exe file. What I did was I found the site address and put in the restricted urls. But still the same problem but IE says "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded"

This problem coming all the way in accessing any page and also cannot access many sites almost all the sites properly. But the internet is working perfectly.

In my internet settings the default page is set to blank and also I deleted all the histories and temp files.

I don't know how to find which illegal program is running. I uninstalled all the suspected programs as well

Pls help me to get rid of this problem

Thanks
Ahmad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back