Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with a T1 connection to ATT

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvami

Programmer
Feb 4, 2008
US
Hi, I have a CSE1000E r5,I set up a second T1 ISDN connection with IFC ess5, the problem is that some channels are FE MBSY, I tried to disable each chanel and enable again and still are FE MBSY but if I make a dial in call the chanel get idle, Then I have to make some incomming calls to put all the chanels idle.
I tried to set up the T1 like IFC NI2, all the chanela appear idle, I can dial out but for the incoming calls doesn't matter which number I dial the call ends at the nigth service number. With the configuration like IFC ees5 the DID works fine. Any Idea?

this is going to be a second did route? same dch? or inband t1? for the inbound problem i would trad a few channels to see what digits (if any) i am getting. post your rdb, ususlly dsel or trmb can fe busy channels.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 96 do a STAT SERV and see if channel service messages are turned on or off; make sure you match the telco. If this is a second PRI provisioned the same as another one you have, from the same telco, then make it match.

ENL SERV (x) or DIS SERV (x) where (x) = the DCH number. You might want to bounce the DCH afterwards.

We have a couple sites that do this; doesn't seem to be service-impacting though; something w/ the CO configuration.

-M

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

Thank you, the DIS SERV (X) command works!

service msgs is a good call. since they default off i usually overlook that.. they are only used when you bring the loop up or take it down..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back