Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with 96XX and HP 5412 data switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

tciotti2003

Technical User
Jan 3, 2012
US
Hello All;

SO we have a customer that had HP 5308 data switches. They changed out to HP 5412 switches and now their 9600 series phones reset every 5 to 10 minutes. Their 4600 phones are fine. They reverted back to the 5308 switches. Anyone hear of this issue? Anything in the 46xx or 96xx files that need to be set differently?

I have that exact same setup using 96xx phones and a 5412zl switch, and I have no issues. I am not an Avaya guru by no means, so I am thinking we are on R6.2.0.09 firmware for handsets, CM 6.X, and 15.07.0008 firmware on the HP switch. I am however, very proficient on HP switches, so I can help if that's your problem area. You might need to post back with your firmware levels and see if the Avaya gurus have anything straight off. If not, then I can assist with any HP config to make sure VLAN tagging, QoS, PoE, etc... are set and optimal.

These are being connected to G700 gateways and am told there is some info about the g700 NIC that may be a problem...see below
Upon further investigation, Justin and I tried replacing the patch cable with an actual crossover cable and no change. We also changed the configuration on the switch port here to reflect 100-full speed-duplex and also set the mdix mode to be mdi, all with no change. We then did some research and found that this is a known issue between these pieces of equipment. It is due to the Avaya G700 NIC being out of specification. Which explains why we are only having an issue where we are utilizing the older gateways with the newer HP equipment (i.e.- Transportation). The only resolution according to HP's forum is to place a device in between the Avaya Gateway and the HP 5400 equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back