Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem while running Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkher

Programmer
Jun 14, 2002
US
Hi ,

I installed client on Win 98 SE and when I tried to run it, got the error - Failed to obtain GlobalC Path. Please add this entry to powrmart.ini

What does this error mean?
any help is appreciated
thanks-anjali

No idea what it means, but the ini files get corrupted quite frequently. Rename the ini file to pmdesign_old.ini and restart the designer. What happens then ..........? T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Renamed it . Then get the error 'Unable to locate file powrmart.ini'

Which version are you working with? The trick to rename the ini file certainly works with version 5.1.2 and I believe that with older version it was something I did almost every week when the designer failed to configure properly........ T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Do not rename powrmart.ini file.
This is required for proper initialization of client tools.
Blom meant pmdesign.ini file only. But renaming this file will not solve this issue. I have no idea whether client tools will work in win 98 or not. If your issues not yet solved, please post the contents of your powrmart.ini file here. let's see how it differs from the one in NT box.

VJ123 is absolutely right about the pmdesign.ini file.

I have clients installed both on W98 SE and on W2000 and both combinations work T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back