Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem when trying to Dynamically update the Ribbon in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickgrimes

Programmer
Dec 8, 2002
US
Hi to all,

I have been working on upgrading an XP db to ACC2007 in which I want to use the RibbonUI. I have all the code and such completed, and it works fine except......

I have 2 LabelControls that I need to change dynamically from time to time. The Callbacks are working correct when the Ribbon firsts load (upon DB start-up). When I want to change the label, I use the .Invalidate method to do so, but the trouble is that the Ribbon actually will not update (screen wise). Placing a breakpoint in the VB code in the callback sub, I can see the code run, but the ribbon actaully does not reflect the changes. I have to exit the DB and re-start to get the correct labels to show.

I have done a lot of research and bought just about every E-Book I can find on the subject. Everything says that when the .Invalidate method is called, the Ribbon will update on the screen, except it doesn't. Has anyone experienced this behavior also? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated to get me heading back in the right directon, I have spent too much time on this as it is.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back