Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem when changing resolution from "1024 x 768" to "800 x 600&

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubu

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
RO
I have a movie which fits the page when the resolution is 1024 x 768. How can i make it do the same when changing resolution in "800 x 600"???

Oops.. Didnt mean to click submit..
Anyways.. FSCommand("fullscreen", "true") will resize the movie to current resolution.

The downside of this is:
If you are running video, or have lots of pictures, all images will be pixelated at higher resolutions do to it stretching the swf. Also, at resolutions such as 1280x1024, you will have a small border on the top and bottom do to the resolution not being a true 4:3 ratio.

The best method I have found (for non-web applications), is to make every movie 800x600 and on the first frame put:
FSCommand("fullscreeen", true);
FSCommand("allowscale", false);

I wouldnt use allowscale on movies larger than 800x600 because it will crop the movie if the users resultion is lower than the movie dimensions..

I hope that wasn't confusing.. I over-explained that pretty well =) -Nukoi
I know my stuff.. Hire me.

Where i input this command?
Sorry .... i am a beginner.

On the very first frame.. Double click (or right click and select "Actions") on the first frame and the actions panel will pop up.

-Nukoi

First frame of any layer...thats for it to do it as soon as the movie starts anyway...

Pls check I want to redesign the start page, and i want the pictures there to be a movie made in flash.
My question is:how can i make this so that when smb acceses the page in 800 x 600 to see the movie the same as by using 1024x768 ....

On your export settings, for HTML set height and width to 100% instead of fixed dimensions. -Nukoi

If u are using yahoomessenger pls check dragos_bc1981 so that we can talk easier pls!

Click File/Publish Settings... select the html tab set Dimensions to Percent... type 100 under height and 100 under width. Ya' Gotta Love It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back