Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem w/Llnks in table to navigate to drill-through reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberthagan

Technical User
May 9, 2006
US
I'm building a report with drill-thorugh to other reports in Visual Studio 2005. The links are in a table with columns for Process and Category.

In the Process textbox Navigation/Jump to report, I have this code:
=switch(ReportItems!Process.Value = "Intake", "Intake_Actions", ReportItems!Process_Step.Value = "Assess","Assess_Actions", etc )
This works fine i.

In the Category textbox I have similar code to run more detailed reports: =switch(ReportItems!Category.Value = "Process on Time", "Intake_Process". ReportItems!Category.Value = "Dups", "CIU_MMR", etc)
This does not work at all. Nothing in this column is recognized as a hyperlink. The only difference I can see is that some of the text in Category is longer and has multiple words. I've added underscores and shortened the text, but this has made no difference .

When I deploy the report to the server and run using url access, the Process link works, but run remotely in a reportviewer in a web page, nothing is recognized as a link. If I add a separate textbox out of the table with a Jump To a single report, that works.

Any idea of what might be going on? Fixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back