Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem w/ Disaster Recovery Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranyhere

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
BR
I´m trying to execute a disaster recovery restore of a Windows 2k Advanced Server, using ARCserve 2000 bootable CD, machine specific floppy disk, and a full tape backup.

After initial steps, detection of network adapter is made and a driver for it is installed, requiring server reboot, after reboot when the process must detect tape on remote server an unexpectly reboot of local machine occur.

What can I try to resolve this problem?

Try checking
\drboot.tmp\system32\dr\log\dr.log
\drboot.tmp\setupapi.log

Also it will only work if in the backup job was the Client Agent for this system configured to use Computer Name Resolution, if it was configured with an IP address it will not work.

The problem is ocurring because when disaster recovery backup was made ARCserve v.7 put a wrong network adapter driver in machine specific floppy disk, and during restore process network adapter cannot be started.

How can I troubleshoot this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back