Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem w/ ATLHR32.EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

APierce1

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
US
Does anyone know what this file is/does? I can't find any reference to it on the web. I have a Win2K box that boots partway, then hangs. Task Manager shows this process running multiple times, each for only 20 seconds or so, then restarting. I can start in safe mode, but scanning for viruses and malware shows nothing. I don't see it in the registry, either.

I'm working toward stumped, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Alan

It is possible that this is spyware / adware. I reccomend using a tool from Lavasoft called AdAware to scan your system.

You may download the tool and sue it for free and it is available at .

Be sure to use the "check for updated" option after you install the prgram to make sure you have the most recent definitions.

Also, I HIGHLY reccomend rebooting and running this in save mode in addition to running it in regular mode. Some spyware / adware is resident in memory and cannot be removed while in use.

Thanks,

Ryan V. Stevenson
Specialty Services Director

National Support Network
East Lansing, MI - USA

Ryan@itpayz.com

Oh, don't forget to scan with a good antivirus software too! I reccomend Norton SystemWorks, but trend micro has a free online virus scanner that you can find by searching google.

Thanks,

Ryan V. Stevenson
Specialty Services Director

National Support Network
East Lansing, MI - USA

Ryan@itpayz.com

There is a possibility you have a coolwebsearch problem.

Your file shows in this log, which has that problem:

Some comments about it here:

This is one that has been proving difficult to remove.
Searches on something like html96676 should get you a lot of hits and you can see what folks are trying currently.

-------------------------------------
It's 10 O'Clock ( somewhere! ).
Are your registry and data backed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back