Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using start/end dates with NETWORKDAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaggel1

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I am having a problem using the NETWORKDAYS function and I haven't been able to locate an answer.....

I am trying to perform a calculation on dates from project plans. I need to know the number of work days (excluding weekends and holidays) between a project's actual end date and its baseline end date. I have used the NETWORKDAYS function successfully in the past, but it has always performed the calculation when the date in column A is earlier than column B. Due to the nature of project plans, I now need to perform this calculation where some of the dates in column A are later than column B. For example:
A (Acutal End Date) B (Baseline End Date)
1/2/04 2/3/04
3/5/04 4/5/04
2/10/04 1/5/04
3/1/04 2/1/04

In this example, the NETWORKDAYS formula calculates correctly for the first two rows, but ignores the holidays and weekends in the last two rows.

Is there any way to make this calculation work when the dates in the first column are later than the dates in the second?

Hi swaggel1,

It works fine for me in Excel 2000.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Just a thought . . .

Are you using an absolute reference (or better yet a named range) for your holiday range?

Peace!! [americanflag] [peace] [americanflag]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Then . . . Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back