Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using PS Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDKID

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
US
Which one is best PS Query or SQR

Actually my scenario is this I need to extract data from PeopleSoft database and store it into ASCII file, which I use it for loading into my Data warehouse.

If I use PS Query its performance is good because it’s a PeopleSoft tool itself compared to SQR which is a third party tool.

The problem I face in PS Query is that the output cannot be saved into CSV file or any other text format without user clicking on the export to excel icon then save it as CSV. Is there a way where I can write a script so that the output from PS Query is directly stored as text file (with specific delimiter if possible) which is possible using SQR.

I am basically a Data warehouse guy so if I am wrong in PeopleSoft terms please correct me.

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you merge the two?

Create the PS QUERY, click on the SQL tab, select the SQL statement, then copy 'n' paste this into your SQR?

Then you can use SQR to convert this to an ASCII file for you.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back