Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using Print Engine with Stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyboy

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
GB
I have written a report for SQL Server that is based on a stored procedure. Within the Stored procedure there is a call to another procedure which uses the OpenQuery syntax to read data from an Oracle database. The SP runs fine in query Analyser and also works fine within the Crystal Development enviroment.
However when I run it from within an application, which uses the print engine calls to produce reports, I get an error 'Error reported by database dll'. I have narrowed it down to the Openquery part, but am at a loss why it works fine within the Crystal development environment.

Any ideas???

Generally, if a report runs in the designer but fails when called from an application, the problem is how you're calling the report from said application.

Post your development environment, Crystal version, and the code/method you're using to call the report, and I'm sure someone here can help you.

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back