Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using OLE function "ExecuteHostFile" for PCAnywhere 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgerw

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
CA
Hi All,

I have problem using OLE function "ExecuteHostFile" for remote computer using PCAnywhere 11.

I wrote a Delphi program that use PCAnywhere OLE's Automation feature to dial, transfer file and execute program. Everything works fine for PCAnywhere 10.x but not with PCAnywhere 11. Maybe, I should clarify the issue a little bit. If the program dialed to a remote computer, which used PCAnywhere 11, the program can't execute any program using ExecuteHostFile(); Basically, I just saw a "File Transfer Status" dialog box appears on the remote computer and no program been execute on the remote computer; yet, this is not an issue if the remote computer were using PCAnywhere 10.x.

Does anyone having the same problem and is there any solution to this problem? Thank you in advance for helping!

Dodger

I just joined this forum and have a similar problem with the ole executehostfile. I have used 10.5 for years without problem. My problem started when I changed the host machine from Win98 to Win2K. All else in PCanywhere works fine except the executehostfile (which is a big problem since scripts are gone). Did you ever get a solution?

There is NO real solution for this problem since I think there is (always) issue with PCAnywhere's OLE automation feature; however, you could get around the problem by using different combination of PCAnywhere 11.x. For the host computer that executes ExecuteHostFile() on the remote computer, you must use PCAnywhere version 11.0.x. And, for the remote computer, though, you have to use 11.5.x instead.

Hope that would help.

Dodger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back