Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using MQGET and MQPUT same Queue (isereis / AS/400 / rpgle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANJUMAK

Programmer
Feb 24, 2015
QA
Dear Friends,

I have'nt code program which read and put the message form/to same queue. (Server program)

The requirnment is that client will send the request message in Queue A, and Server need to read message from Queue A and response to Queue A.

The logic i am looking is to filter incomming messages and ignore the response message with is lying the Queue A.

I have tried below mention guideline in MQSeries document, but it is reading all messages incomming as well response.

GMMO (10-digit signed integer)
Options controlling selection criteria used for MQGET" with various option,
MOMSGI
MOCORI
MOGRPI.

Please help me to solve this, and if possible help me to identify sample from to be used for the above requirnment from QMQMSAMP/QRPGLESRC so i can uitilize that.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

In case ur ar looking or someone faces a similar issue, its a bad design practice to Put and read from the same queue. Use 2 queues instead 1 for request and 1 for reply all IBM manuals solicit the same.

Try MQ browse message and see the MQMD value Message type =2 to get the message under the cursor for that application has to put the message as a request response type at the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back