Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using Extended Desktop with Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyLeroy

Technical User
Aug 24, 2006
US
Hello,
I searched for a question like this but I couldn't find anything. I also hope this is the correct forum.
I work on a laptop and connect to a second, bigger monitor for working on reports.
Problem:
When I move Crystal to the second monitor I am no longer able to modify the report - I can't modify or create a formula, I can't add content, etc. I can Run reports and view them but I cannot Modify them. I have to drag Crystal back to the laptop screen in order to modify. It's the weirdest thing.
Has anyone ever heard of this before? Is there some setting I have to change? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Joe

Bit late on responding to this, but I found exactly the same problem. Crystal HATES being used on the extended desktop. I had all sorts of crashes and inexplicable behaviours until I just left crystal alone on the main display and pushed everything else off on the extended. Not the solution you wanted, but at least a confirmation that you're not crazy.

I run into the same issue. It appears that Crystal remembers where you have opened a box from the previous time. For Example, if you go to create a formula and open the formula editor on your 2nd Monitor, Crystal will open it there the next time as well. It does this even if you don't have the 2nd monitor attached and your graphics card settings are set to only one monitor. It appears that you can't do anything, when in reality, Crystal is waiting for you to work on the Formula Editor.

The only way around this, that I have found so far, is to make sure that anything you have displaying on the 2nd monitor, you reopen using only your primary screen, before you disconnect the 2nd monitor and use your laptop on the road.

Thanks Guys - Yeah I figured that one out the hard way with crystal remembering where it was last opened. I used to have my laptop (smaller screen) as my main monitor, now I switch and have my large monitor as my main screen and that works out pretty well. I still don't understand it. I was hoping that someone else had figured out a setting or something. Oh well, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back