Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using Dos report form to create html file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisjohnson

Programmer
Mar 15, 2001
US
Hi, I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas. I use Fox 2.5 for Dos to create report forms, not to print with but for creating web documents. I put the html tags in the report and then in my VFP 7 programs I run the following code ...

REPORT FORM (cRepFile) TO FILE (cHtmlFile) NOCONSOLE

where cRepFile is the Dos report file and cHtmlFile is something like "REPORT.HTM". This creates a nice and neat ascii html document that is then distributed. The problem is that sometimes when the report form command is executed, Foxpro will quit with the C0000005 message. The program can be reran and usually will do Ok. This seems to happen at random. Its probably got something to do with using the old Dos format in Windows. Does anyone know of any settings to try or any suggestions. I hate to abandon the process because it works so well.

Thanks,
Chris Johnson

Thanks, I make sure that my regular reports have the tag and tag2 fields cleared, but these are old-style Dos report formats and those fields are already blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back