Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using Access 2003 and 2007 for the same database

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonJohn

Instructor
Sep 1, 2000
GB
I need to run 2 different versions of the same database in Access 2003 and Access 2010, but each time I run it in 2010, it updates the References from Microsoft Access 11.00 Object Library to Microsoft Access 14.00 Object Library. The 2003 version then doesn't work. Is there any way the References can be retained depending on which version you are running?

Is it correct to assume what you are saying is:

I need to run 2 different [front-end] versions of Access (Access 2003 and Access 2010) against the same [back-end] database [created] in Access [version ???], but each time I run [the front-end] in 2010, it updates the References from Microsoft Access 11.00 Object Library to Microsoft Access 14.00 Object Library [in 2003 font-end version? back-end?]. The 2003 [front-end] version then doesn't work [giving me the error: ABC-XYZ].

[ponder]

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Hi Andy

Yes, that's correct. So far the only solution I've found is to reinstall 2003, then that sets the references back to the 11.00 Object Library.
Obviously this is not practical, so I was wondering if there's a way to tweak the registry.
Cheers

John

Is there any way to use 'late binding' on your front-end? This way you would not set any references at all, you would just 'grab' what's available thru code.

Just a guess...

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Hi Andy
Never used late binding before.

I'll try and work out how to use it.

The only help I've found so far always gives Excel examples, not Access?

Thanks for the suggestion

Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back