Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem uploading files with FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesj1968

Programmer
Sep 3, 2005
GB
Hi

I am an administrator on a network where I have recently installed ISA 2004. Everything seems to work fine - apart from when I want to FTP files to an external site. I have tried uploading to several different sites (that host my websites) and I find it goes through the process of uploading but does never completes the process. I can download from external sites fine.

My question is will my new ISA 2004 installation have something to do with the problem I am having.. possible some kind of outbound filter? Are there any settings I can check? Our ISA connects to a Cisco PIX which then communicates with the outside world. Could it be the PIX and not the ISA?

I was able to upload files fine using FTP before the ISA was installed. Is there someway that I can isolate where the problem might be?

Many thanks.

Les

Do you have the firewall client instaled? I had a similar issue and installing the firewall client resolved the problem.

I'm not sure - is the "firewall client" an option I set in ISA 2004?

hi the firewall client is the software to install in the pc for connect to the isa server.

For the ftp problem check in your acces rule if you have the readonly option checked. for this go to the access rule do right click an click in configure ftp option , there you have a check unmark it.

hope its helps

coco10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back