Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem upgrading 10.1 domain to 10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelldis

MIS
Jun 17, 2005
EU
Hello all,
First of all, thnx for reading and second...im a java/weblogic noob, so please be specific in you answers;)

I need to upgrade 2 existing weblogic domains from 10.0.1 to 10.0.3.
To accomplish this I installed a full version (without workshop, because I dindt get through the eclipse setup)of WL10.3 next to the existing WL10.1. The BEA_HOME is /bea and the java version used is 6 (32bits)
I followed the upgrade WL10.3 manual from the oracle site and created the silent xml files, ran WL_HOME\server\bin\setWLSEnv.sh.
From there I started to upgrade the domain by entering:
java weblogic.Upgrade -mode silent -type domain -responses weblogic-upgrade-domain-responses.xml -out log.log

I get the following error:
"The java class is not found: Weblogic/Upgrade."

I unzipped the weblogic.jar file in WL_HOME/server/lib and the weblogic.upgrade.jar is there.

After this I tried to run the upgrade in interactive mode, but this got me the same response
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thnx,

/\/\ichelle

/\/\ichelle
------------------------------
Plaats hier een engelse quote die weergeeft dat je een intellectueel bent met een interressante en diepgaande persoonlijkheid.

EDIT: I installed version 10.3.2 and now i get the following error:

2010-02-16 13:35:24,709 ERROR [inputAdapter_silent] com.bea.plateng.wizard.WizardController - Uncaught Exception
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0
at weblogic.upgrade.domain.directoryselection.SelectWebLogicVersionPlugIn.validateInputAdapter(SelectWebLogicVersionPlugIn.java:50)
at com.bea.plateng.wizard.plugin.silent.tasks.InputAdapterSilentTask.execute(InputAdapterSilentTask.java:178)
at com.bea.plateng.wizard.silent.tasks.AbstractSilentTask.run(AbstractSilentTask.java:28)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

/\/\ichelle
------------------------------
Plaats hier een engelse quote die weergeeft dat je een intellectueel bent met een interressante en diepgaande persoonlijkheid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back