Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem updating file with check in

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryan83

Technical User
Mar 25, 2009
US
hey,

most files i can check out, make changes and check back in and the changes register and i can then deploy the changes.

but for one file, i check it out, make changes, but when i check it back in the changes do not register and therefore no changes deploy either.

any suggestions would be welcome as i have run out of things to try to get this problem file to behave like the others!

So what version of Visual FoxPro are you using? And I assume checking files out means that you are using Visual Source Safe? What version?

The problem described looks to me like a case of a file existing in more than one place and either SourceSafe or you being confused by the multiple files.

Sorry I was assuming you were using FoxPro. Anyway the multiple files may be the case. Check the VSS path for the file in question and make sure that the correct file is being checked in.

Hey,

to psperry2, I checked for multiple files, but this was not the case. the file I was checking in was the only one with that name.

to CatherineSea, I get no error message unfortunately. Its very strange as its only with one file it is happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back