Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Troubleshooting Crystal 7 Report with Seagate Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtreshan

Technical User
Jul 14, 2000
US
I downloaded the latest version of Seagate<br>Analysis to see if I could fix a problem I <br>have with a Crystal 7 Report.&nbsp;&nbsp;My report <br>selects many records, but then limits those<br>which appear in the report by a formula I<br>have inserted in the Format Section (details), which lets only current records appear. The formula I am using is &quot;If Previous (&lt;fieldname&gt;) = &lt;fieldname&gt;, Then True&quot;. This formula causes old records (which <br>show the correct status, but are not currently in work, to not show up in the report.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, I still have a problem with<br>running totals (there are two fields with <br>running totals), which are correct for some<br>of the subgroups, but incorrect for others.<br>I have two questions:<br>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there a method in Analysis to insert<br>a formula that applies to a section such as<br>&quot;details&quot;?&nbsp;&nbsp;The selection expert in Analysis <br>does not seem to have a formula option, such as that in Crystal Reports 7.<br>2.&nbsp;&nbsp;Regarding the original problem with the<br>Crystal Report, is there another formula I <br>can use that not only suppresses the records that are not current so they do not show in the final report, but also would suppress the<br>information in those records which appear to be the part that is affecting the running and grand totals?

Type Seagate: Crystal Reports in the Find Forum space (just below the signin block), then click GO. Once at the forum, you can start a new thread either by clicking on New Thread at the top right of the page, or scrolling down and filling in the bottom. [sig][/sig]

Sorry, now I think I see the problem. You have to join and sign in before you can start a new thread. [sig][/sig]

Previous (<fieldname>) = <fieldname>

It sounds like you want to only include one record per <fieldname> value. The simpler way is to add a group on this field, and then display the fields you need in the group header. Sort the details so that the record you want is the first in the group, and then Suppress ALL of the details. You will only see one set of field values per group, taken from the first record.

Now when you do your running total, set the &quot;evaluate&quot; setting to be &quot;once per group&quot;. The total will only include one record (the first) from each group. Be careful if you use settings like &quot;Keep Group Together&quot; or &quot;Repeat Group Header on Each new Page&quot; since this can throw off the running totals in V7. [sig]<p>Ken Hamady- href= Reports Training by Ken Hamady</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back