Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem transferring table data using DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwm76

Technical User
Jan 13, 2005
GB
Gurus,

I am transferring a number of tables from my local SQL7.0 database to a remote SQL7.0 database using the DTS "Transfer SQL Server Objects" task.

When I run the package, there is one specific table that gets created on the remote server but none of the data gets transferred...yet the data for all the other tables copies across without any problems.

All tables are owned by dbo, they have the same object permissions etc. Seems very odd.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be??

Many thanks,
Neil

You getting any error? If so please post it.
Why dont you try to import that table by itself. There are two steps in a DTS transfer process.
1) create the table
2) import or export data.

Verfiy that the fileds are mapped properly and preview the data. Then proceed.
There are soem scenerios that have issues.

Suppose you importing
DB1.table1 to Db2.table1

DB1.table1 initially created without any primary key or constarints but after some data load its created and loaded the rest of the data. But when you create DB2.table1 table the constatints will be there, and if there any duplicates then it will error out. So look at db1.table1 verify there are no duplicates. If you give more details we can give more trouble shooting ideas.

Dr.Sql
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back