Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem transferring data from CMS to TCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGarcia87

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
US
Our IP address has changed in our TCS server and CMS cannot transfer its call data to it anymore. In case you don't know what TCS is, it is a scheduling software for call center's.

Is there a way I can go in CMS to have that IP changed? I don't know Unix but if anyone can give me some steps I think I can figure it out.

Not too sure about this, never seen TCS.

If its a simple routing issue then you'll need to login as root.

" netstat -r " will show you the routing tables.

If you need to add a route
"route add [destination ip] [gateway ip]"

A hunch tells me that (like totalview - which I do know) there will have to be a custom report that exports the data to the TCS server. Getting it to the TCS server could even be done over ftp. You could check for any scheduled jobs with cron ("crontab -l") to see if there is anything referring to TCS. There might be a script that is scheduled to run every half hour. In that case you would probably need to edit the script (ever heard of vi?) to point to the new IP address.

Anyway, this should get you started.

Rich,
If you have not resolved this yet, Email me your phone number brett8n@yahoo.com and I will walk you through it.

Brett

KCPHONEGUY,

Maybe you can help me out after all. Avaya has changed the IP address but still can't move files to the TCS server. We are getting the error, "Cannot change directory to . for LAN connection 1". Do you know what that is? My number is 713-331-6686 or 800-927-0599, option 1, 6686#. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back