Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Timesync Novell 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

alebox20

Programmer
Oct 19, 2004
BR
Hi,

I have a Novell Server 5 and we have one problem. In Brazil (My Country) we have a summer hourly, where the time is 1 hours late and then of 3 month the time return 1 hour. The problem is: When we got right the time in the server by command "set time", seemingly it´s OK, but in the Screen (similar Windows) the clock show hour with 1 hour early. In prompt screen when we typed "time" the clock it´s OK. In some workstations the clock is alright, but in other the clock is wrong. What is happening ? What should do for to solve the problem ?

Help me !!

tks,

Fabio William Bernardi

For the workstations, doubleclick the clock and either check or uncheck the box for "Automatically Adjust for Daylight Savings Time" (whichever works).

I did this and even the problem continue.

Have you verified that you have the correct Time Zone set on the workstations that are an hour off?

I think all the problem is in the server. What are the steps to config correctly the server parameters?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back