Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Storing Non Specific String Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderval

Technical User
Oct 6, 2004
US
I have an output log i need to convert into a html report. The problem lies in the fact that the output is in such a manner that one of values i need is placed in a very inconveinent spot. I'll create some dummy values to illustrate (obviously this is not the actual log but its close enough). I've been using StreamReader to read the log & StreamWriter to write the output, both of which have worked well except for this single instance.

let's say the dummy log goes something like this:

050233 0923 Outputlog
Log Event
Detail 1
090wi9300 11

Detail 2
2340409-943 32

Detail 3
0908-09230 09

Log Event ACode

Log Event BCode
4 3

End

I can pick out almost all the data by using unique identifiers. But the problem comes in around the Log Event A & BCode items. I need to pull the numbers 1 line below (in red) each of these, but due to the fact other numbers (which due to the random nature of the log i cannot remove) are placed trhoughout the output log, there's nothing unique enough for me to pull them (please bear in mind the numbers change often). Is there any method to store one line as a string, then move down one line. I cannot find anything that allows me to move down one line to record the value (all my previous attempts seem to get stuck on one line & not move). Any helpful hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back