Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Starting xServer after Installing Solaris 10 - Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsp1965

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2003
CA
Hi guys, I am Solaris newbie (Windows/Netware admin trying to get my hands dirty with *Nix of all types) so I am sorry if this has been answered previously. I have purchased an IBM Netvista desktop in order to setup a "cheap" Solaris box. After a couple of false starts (couldn't recognize the PS/2 mouse and had to use USB), I was finally able to get CDE going in order to perform the install. After completing the install and rebooting, the machine cannot start the XServer. Reading the Solaris FAQ I tried working with XORG (but still nothing)
I don't get it, how can it have no problem loading CDE during installation but cannot after installation. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Terry

I was far as ive been told, the GUI you get for the installation isnt CDE or indeed an X-related system ....i was told the X configuration is completely different from the installation process ...

I could however be mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back