Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem sorting by rank in crosstab (Report Studio 8.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucketfoot

Technical User
Nov 11, 2009
US
I've got a crosstab that I am not able to get to sort by Rank.

For the row I've got one data item with multiple results. For columns I have one that is the Rank for data item A. The second column is the Month, with a measure for calculated data item B.

I am trying to get the crosstab to display the data by rank (ascending) and also with the months ascending. Basically like this:

Rank Jan Feb Mar
Result 1 1 8 6 7
Result 2 2 4 9 6
Result 3 3 1 3 2

I can get this to work fine if the column that contains Month only has one result, but as soon as I add a column with multiple results the Ranking becomes nonsensical.

Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated!

Thanks

Did you check how the tabular dataset looks like for the query? My suspicion is, that the ranking is performed differently then you expect.

My 2 cents would be that need 2 queries to start with. One to fetch the data and a second one to simply get a ranking for the results. After joining locally within the report (on result) use the ranking from the 2nd query to order the entire set.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back