Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem snmp comunity cvdm 6500 with button chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

cetel

Technical User
Oct 28, 2006
Hi everybody i have a problem with cvdm 6500 with button chassis. i configured snmp in c6509 and installed the cvdm 6500, cvdm 6500 chassis and java packet, so when i run the cvdm and i do click in the button that say "chassis" of cvdm. it shows me the follow message:

"community string not set on the device. chassis view can not be launched."

look at my running in c6509

ip http server
ip http path bootflash:
!
!
!
snmp-server community public RO
snmp-server location CETEL-NODO-CENTRAL
snmp-server contact cetel@mynet.org
snmp-server chassis-id cetel
snmp-server enable traps tty
snmp-server host 134.141.1.96 public
snmp-server host 134.141.10.1 public
snmp-server host 134.141.15.4 public

please if somebody can help me

if somebody could tell me how do you upload the captures of cvdm 6500.

I note you have the default RO SNMP string configued on your switch there and no RW string.

If I recall correctly, when you select Chassis in CiscoView, does it not ask you for both a RO and RW string?

I mean I'm sure it doesn't need a RW string to just view the chassis but maybe you need it? I'm not sure to be honest.

Try setting a RW string on the 6500 and retrying the Chassis option again putting in the appropriate strings.

Hi.
in the user guide of cvdm 6500 chassis is not say that configure RW SNMP string but i made and the cvdm display me:

"community string not set on the device. chassis view can not be launched."

i bealive that´s correct only RO SNMP string because you are only going to watch the chassis and you are not going
configure ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back