Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem since V8 upgrade: Phones will auto-call fwd to specific ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanMan123

MIS
May 31, 2001
US
Hello, Forum Newbie here,
I am passing on a question to this forum to see if any of you have any idea what might be going wrong. We recently had an upgrade done on one of our Definity switches to version 8 for ACD and Call Vectoring capabilites. We have noticed since the upgrade that we have developed an interesting and annoying quirk.

Now, random stations will automatically set themselves to Call-Forward to a specific extension. At first, we thought it was incorrect key-pressing on the user's part that was causing it, but since it is happening at random locations around our Main Campus site, which this switch covers, we now are acknowledging that it is happening without any users involvement.

Here is the software details about the switch.

Current System Information
Software Load: G3V8i.04.0.046.5
Memory Configuration G3siV8
Offer Category: A

Any help you may offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LanMan123

There is an outside chanch that the switch experienced some memory corruption in the upgrade. You may want to contact Avaya Tier 3 support and report the problem. They have experts that can go in and look at your memory. This may not be the problem but I have seen things like this before after a software upgrade.

Leo V. Brown

One thing to verify is that the coverage path for the phones in question is not using a time of day schedule.
This would only affect the sets if they are covering to
strange locations as opposed to be forwarded to same.
If you can find a station that is 'forwarding' do a status station xxxx and see what the switch thinks is supposed to be doing.

I Agree with Steveave, You should check the system before reporting the problem to Avaya support. Also check that the console permissions are set to "n" in COS, so that if someone is dialing wrong digits the chances for this is also reduced.

Check for call-coverage to an admin extension..li sys-sec..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back