Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem setting up reports server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie01

Programmer
May 26, 2002
GB
I am currently having big problems trying to set up the reports server (i am attempting to deploy oracle forms and reports on the web).

When I try to start the server in services (windows NT) the following error is displayed "error 186". I have looked in the relevant troubleshooting section in the reports documentation and it simply suggests the error is normally due to the tnsnames.ora or sqlnet.ora files being incorrect. I have now checked these and I still have the same error.

Following the installation of the reports server I was asked to perform the following actions manually:

[ACTION] Please configure the following virtual path with your web listener: /dev60html for
physical directory C:\Oracle\Ora6i\tools\web60\html.

[ACTION] Please configure the following virtual path with your web listener: /dev60cgi for
physical directory C:\Oracle\Ora6i\tools\web60\cgi.

I think this error (186) may have something to do with this.....Yes I am a novice!! But I am not too sure what this means. Is it asking me to edit the web listener httpd.conf file somehow?

If anybody has any ideas please explain in detail what to do.

Thank you in anticipation!!!!!

Charlie

charlie@e-med-sailingcharters.com

I am not a novice and I get the same error. I called Oracle help desk and the tech (a real novice) told me this error was fixed in Oracle 7 and that I should re-install my report server. At this point I got really annoyed and put the phone down. In other words, if someone else out there knows what the problem is, let us know, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back