Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Setting up Interdev Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhein

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
CA
I am new to web development and I am trying to set up a project in Interdev. I am having problems with my machine...everyone else seems to be getting along just fine and are not able to produce this error using the exact same steps. When I try to set up Interdev, I am getting the following error message..

Cannot create a disk-based Web application in 'c:\WebDev\TAMSDEV_Local'. Config file"": value "Global FrontPageRoot" not found.

We have tried searching the web, but to no avail...has anyone seen this error?

I went thru the same trouble.This is what I did and I reckon the cumulative efeect paid off

I got FPSE02_x86_ENG.exe from microsoft site and I upgarded my server extensions on my windows 2000 advanced server running IIS5.0.VI6.o still wouldn't finish saying that it couldnot find the frontpage root.Again I serached in gggle and I found this locate your frontpg.ini file in your system directory and add thes lines

Code:
[FrontPage 3.0]
FrontPageRoot=C:\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage
[WebPost Publishing]
members.aol.com=;fullwiz

Add a temp directory under the Frontpage root and voila your VI works again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back