Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem sending email with outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss100

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
GB
Hello,

I have a form which sends email with attachment from Access via vba and outlook.

All works fine except for:

1. If I use .display so the email is opened in outlook before sending, when I hit the send button in outlook, outlook closes immediately and BEFORE the message is sent.

Upon reopening outlook manually the message is sent.

If I just use .send, the code opens outlook in the background and sends the email fine - the problem is just when using .display.

I have ticked the send immediately option in outlooks advanced options.

It this a bug in outlook 2013 - or is there a work round?

Many thanks as always Mark

sounds a bit odd?

I have no problem with Outlook 2013 and the OOM.

How are you opening outlook? are you destroying the outlook object causing it to close?

Have a look at my FAQ : faq705-7667

It creates draft emails and displays them just fine.

You need to show some code so we get a feel for what you are doing and why this might be happening.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back