Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem searching with meta tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc7

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
US
i have set up our index server to search using meta tags
from html pages but am having trouble with pages that have
multiple content variables. we search with book id
numbers and some books have more than one id. it seems that index server will recognize only one of the content entries on any given meta tag. we can't have an html be recognized by more than one meta tag. below is an example of the meta tag from a page that is not working. the first content variable turns up in a search but the second never turns up. any ideas on what the problem might be? i've tried separating the content variables with a comma, no comma, comma with spaces and nothing seems to work. is there a setting that i'm missing in index server or a switch in the idq file? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

<meta name=&quot;keywords&quot; content=&quot;0-393-97434-0,0-393-97435-
9&quot;>

Try putting spaces after the commas, ie before the next piece of meta data. Index server will only catalogue whole words, which have spaces in front of them.

Hope this helps.[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back