Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh707

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
US
Have a website that I went in to update today. Had to update three different pages. Two of them worked just fine. However when I went to upload them it said it was successful. I always double check to make sure the links and such are all okay. Two of the pages were fine but the third one did not show any of my changes. Went back to Dreamweaver and tried to save the page again. This time, however, I got an error message stating I had a sharing violation. Went to see if I could find some help. What it said was to clean out the temp files which I have done. It continued to show a sharing violation. I closed Dreamweaver and reopened it. Opened the file and saved it this time it allowed the save and it does show the update. So...I go to upload it again and once again it shows a successful upload but when I go to look at the page it does not show any of the changes. Help!!! Not sure what to do now. Any suggesstions will be very greatly appreciated!!!

when you save the page - does your computer give a single beep?

If so that means that it is locked in some fashion and any changes you make will not update. When you reopen the page in DW - it will revert to previous state.

Other possible reasons - clear your temporary internet files, or just run a disk cleanup.

Remote possibility - your ISP has the old page cached. You can do CTRL+F5 to force a refresh (might be SHIFT+F5).

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+, Security+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back