Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem running macro on ThinkPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucybelle

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
I'm using Access 2003 and having a problem with a macro running on the IBM X41 ThinkPads. It runs fine on the PC's. The macro has a couple of sendkeys actions and I was thinking maybe the problem was the users with ThinkPads are using a wireless keyboard and not the ThinkPad keyboard. Anyone know if this would be a problem? If so, how can I get around it?

Sendkeys should be avoided if possible. There are generally workarounds if we know what you are attempting to accomplish.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

This is what I am trying to accomplish:
To look up a client, I double click on the name field in the client form, to open the search form. On the Search form, I click on the client from the list in the combo box and click on the Search button. The client name selected should come up in the client form. The macro in question, is set to the On Click event procedure for the Search button.

I've read that sendkeys should be avoided. This is a database that I've been using for years and was designed by someone else. I've never had any problems with it until I upgraded from Access97 to Access2003 on the Tablets. The PC's work fine with the upgrade. Thanks for any help that you can give!

I am not aware of any specific issues but there definitely seems to be something going on with the tablets.

You may need to program around the sendkeys so your application doesn't use them.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back