Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Rendering HTML in Cognos 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcrowe

MIS
Jun 13, 2002
We implemented Costpoint CRM earlier in the year and I'm having a problem getting data from memo fields to display correctly on Cognos 8 reports. Memo fields in CRM are stored as HTML in BLOB fields in the database. In a Cognos 8, this data shows up as text with lots of HTML tags. Even if I avoid formatting the text, I still get things like "&nbsp; " for spaces, and <P>,</P> around any text that's followed by a line feed.

At Deltek's recommendation, I tried inserting this data inside an HTML object. That works great as long as I only view the report in HTML format. For situations where a customer requires the output in PDF or EXCEL format, the HTML objects don't even show up.

I found this exact issue posted on the Developerworks forum on the IBM website:

I'm not crazy about the idea of creating a database function to cleanse the data of HTML tags. Has anyone found another workaround for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back