Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem removing maintenance drawer Phaser 850DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyfp3

Technical User
May 13, 2001
MX
With no previous indication of a problem I'm experiencing difficulty removing the maintenance drawer. These things can be pickie from time to time but I've usually gotten them out without breaking anything.

I am aware of rotating the clutch located near the top that moves the cap assy up and down all the way to the down position in order to unlock it and then remove the drawer.

Have even tried powering down and back on but the rascal is still stuck.

Any suggestions other than just force it out and replace the broken parts?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

The right drawer guide might be broken. There is a black arm that drops down and latches the maintenance drawer in place. With a paper clip bent at 90 degrees, insert the clip through the open slots where the drawer guide attaches to the frame and try to push the black arm so that it unlatches the drawer. The maintenance drawer itself could be broken.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Thanks Printers2004, you were right on.

It was a little chore getting into the hole and finding the arm but with a lot of giggling around I found it and OUT CAME THE DRAWER!

Thanks so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back