Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem removing a record...The search Key is not found in any record

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxrookie

Programmer
Nov 11, 2003
US
I am having a problem deleting or modifying a record in my table. There are two records in the table that appear to be corrupt. The primary key field appears to be blank when I open the table. If I try to delete the record, I get a message that indicates "The search key was not found in any record" I also have a field in the record that indicates "#Error" and when I try to edit that field I receive the message "Invalid Argument" therefore I am not able to modify the record - it is a memo field. Please let me know if you have ever experienced this before or have any ideas on how to fix it.

No ideas other than the "reboot" of the Access world...compact and repair.

I tired to compact and repair...that didn't fix it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Definitely corrupted records.
Think you need to at least salvage all the good records first and then work with the bad ones.

Try starting with a blank db.
import the table only...and check to see if the records are still corrupted.
if so, do a MAKE table query that pulls all records but the offending ones.
So at least you can salvage most of the data.
Then I would try working on the offending ones...seeing if you can recreate some/all of the data manually and add them to the master table again.

But I would do this ASAP before the corruption gets worse.

ps. I've had that happen before with the "search key not found...." message on a memo field. I fixed it.... (now remembering how I fixed it is the problem, grin). believe just rebuilding the db fixed it (starting with a blank db and importing all the objects.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back