Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem relaying from internal IIS7 SMTP server to Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReK410

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2003
US
Let me preface this by saying I'm not an Exchange guru, I'm stumbling through this the best that I can and I'm stumped!!!

I have an exchange server at 10.0.0.6 - let's call it md-exchange2.internal-email.com
I have an IIS server with an SMTP Virtual Server at 10.0.0.16 - let's call it md-progress1.internal-email.com

I have an application on the IIS server that uses BLAT to send emails via SMTP to the Exchange server.

If I run "blat C:\test.txt -to user@internal-email.com" it works perfectly.

If I run "blat C:\test.txt -to user@outside-email.com" it fails. The blat program executes correctly. I ran it in debug mode and got:

Code:
C:\Users\bjohnson>blat C:\blat.txt -to user@outside-email.com -debug
Sending C:\blat.txt to user@outside-email.com
Login name is admin@internal-email.com
<<<getline<<< 220 MD-PROGRESS1.internal-email.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service,Version: 7.0.6001.18000 ready at  Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:35:03 -0400
>>>putline>>> EHLO MD-PROGRESS1
<<<getline<<< 250-MD-PROGRESS1.internal-email.com Hello [10.0.0.16]
250-TURN
250-SIZE 2097152
250-ETRN
250-PIPELINING
250-DSN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8bitmime
250-BINARYMIME
250-CHUNKING
250-VRFY
250 OK
>>>putline>>> MAIL From:<admin@internal-email.com>
<<<getline<<< 250 2.1.0 cadmin@internal-email.com....Sender OK
>>>putline>>> RCPT To: <user@outside-email.com>
<<<getline<<< 250 2.1.5 user@outside-email.com
>>>putline>>> DATA
<<<getline<<< 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
<<<getline<<< 250 2.6.0 <MD-PROGRESS1IZS2TRq0000002a@MD-PROGRESS1.internal-email.com> Queued mail for delivery
>>>putline>>> QUIT
<<<getline<<< 221 2.0.0 MD-PROGRESS1.internal-email.com Service closing transmission channel

When I check the mailbox of the admin@internal-email.com address I can see the undeliverable message. It reports the error as:
#< #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay> #SMTP#

I'm stumped as to why this is happening! I have two Receive Connectors in Exchange. One is for all IP addresses except 10.0.0.16 and the other one is exclusively for 10.0.0.16

The relay is set to allow anonymous users in the permissions tab and only TLS is enabled in the authentication tab.

The SMTP server's Outbound Security properties are set the same way.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Did you grant relay rights?

Code:
Get-ReceiveConnector [COLOR=#000000 #ffcc00]RelayConnector[/color] | Add-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" -ExtendedRights "ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient"

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

I just tried and received

Get-ReceiveConnector : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'Add-ADPermission'. At line:1 char:21
+ get-ReceiveConnector <<<< "SMTP Relay For BLAT" Add-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\AMONYMOUS LOGIN" -ExtendedRights "ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Receipient"

I just copy/pasted the original code. What should it be?

I don't think so.

Code:
Get-ReceiveConnector : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'Add-ADPermission'. At line:1 char:21+ get-ReceiveConnector  <<<< "SMTP Relay For BLAT" Add-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\A[COLOR=#000000 #ffcc00]M[/color]ONYMOUS LOG[COLOR=#000000 #ffcc00]I[/color]N" -ExtendedRights "ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Rec[COLOR=#000000 #ffcc00]e[/color]ipient"

You're also missing a pipeline.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back