Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem reinstalling norton 2002 av

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitmapa

Programmer
Aug 26, 2002
PA
i had installed norton 2000, i remove this program from all...

i am trying to install the 2002 version, and when the install program say "rescue...." and wait for some minutes,,,, the install goes down.....

i repeat the processs many times, and never can install the program....

what may be the problem......

i delete any reference from the registry and no happen nothing....

somebody can help me or any idea.....

Try downloading a little program called SYMCLN.EXE from Symantec's web site. You can obtain a self-extracting version along with instructions for using it from the following link:

When you run this program it should remove any remnants of your previous installation. Then you should be able to install NAV2002 with no problem.

Chris

this link do not exist or incorrectly.....

some any other site....

run a virus scan here to see if a virus is preventing the install:

If not then I suggest you ask Symantec on their free tech help board. Their techs should be able to help. Click the "continue to knowledge base" link on the page below. After going there search for any word like 'install' then on the next page you'll see a link near the bottom for 'continue to contact Symantec'. They make it a royal pain to get to their help board.

Download and the following programs from Symantec and run them in safe mode.

first run Fixklez tool in safe mode.

Then run Rnav in safe mode.

Reboot and try to install NAV2002.

Fixklez and Rnav can be found at Symantec's web site by doing a search for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back